May 17, 2011

Trying Out Aluminum

One of my biggest loves is making chainmaille. I had been coiling, sawing and tumbling my own rings. It takes time, but I loved being able to do whatever weave I wanted without having to order rings and wait for them to ship. (Different weaves require different ring sizes.)

Fast forward to today. I am back to work full time, my youngest son is involved in sports year round and I have a very old home that I am trying to maintain. The thing that fell by the wayside, besides cleaning, was chainmaille making. And I really miss it! So, I decided to try purchasing my rings. With the price of silver sky high, I tried to give aluminum a try.

My precut rings just arrived and they are beautiful!!! Keep an eye on my Zibbet shop shop to see what they become.

1 comment:

Abracadebra Designs said...

Hi there, Loving the bracelets. They are all gorgeous and perfectly done.
-Debbie