November 19, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

This Wednesday I was feeling a little nostalgic. I was thinking about the holidays when I was a child and that led me to thinking about the dog I had as a child. I was petrified of dogs when I was very young. It seems that a relative’s dog jumped into my playpen when I was an infant. Fast forward a few years. I adored my grandfather and he got a dachshund named Fred. He assured me that Fred wouldn’t hurt me and because he was Grandpa I knew that it must be true. So for my 5th birthday I asked for and received a dachshund of my very own. I asked for a brown one since my grandfather had a black one. I named him Peanut and he was my pal for over 16 years.





This leads me to this Wednesday’s wonderful find – a polymer clay Doxie pin made by Kritter Krazed. Dachshunds aren’t the only dogs she has available. There are also Labs, Boston Terriers, Pugs and more. Wouldn't this be a great Christmas gift for the dog lover on your list?


1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a cute dog..Hey, that shot would have been good for Hey Harriet's Shadow Shot Sunday..You have to forgive me, I am always hunting shadows, since I joined her Sunday blog..Anyway, very cute clay dog..A really wonderful job.