January 17, 2009

Something New

This year, with prompting from an Etsy Bloggers carnival theme, I decided not only to make personal New Year's resolutions, but also resolutions for my stores and blog.

For my blog I will make a new post at least once a week. If I keep up with the blog groups that I belong to on Etsy and on Artfire that shouldn't be a problem.

For my shop I am going to try to add some
new things. So far I am off to a good start. Here is my latest. I love making my bead crochet bangle bracelets, but I also love to crochet with yarn. I crocheted a couple of cuff bracelets, but I wasn't altogether happy with the way they turned out. Then I was browsing around online and noticed the felted items.I saw brooches and cell phone pouches and beads. I thought, "Why not bracelets?" So I gave them a try. After a few tries I was thrilled with the results. These bracelets are soft and very lightweight. They also work up very quickly and are something I can work on while I'm sitting in my car waiting for my kids at one of their activities. (The crochet part anyway; the felting part takes water).

I have made 2 sets They are available in my Etsy shop and also in my Artfire shop.


6 comments:

CT said...

Love the colors...would go with about anything. - CT

The Decemberist said...

I'm afraid to make resolutions. I've been wanting to update my blog as often as possible but I always miss. :(

Those bracelets look nice. Almost yummy. :)

Beth said...

Very cool. I like the colors.

Deanna Lack said...

Those are nifty! The crazy thing is... I looked at them and thought chainmaille! Wonder if you could make little rings and weave them into something... Maybe one byzantine loop at the center of a necklace...

Geez I can't look at anything round anymore. =D

Anonymous said...

They are adorable....great job.

Kim Caro said...

ooh they look so comfy to wear.