February 11, 2008

My Drilling Jig

When I started making my Bible Verse Bookmarks I drilled a hole through the top of the wood tile to have a place to attach the cord. It looked nice, but I thought that it would look even nicer if I could drill through the length of the tile. This would allow me to add beads to the ends as well as not having to worry about the type placement.
So, I put my tile in a vice and got out my Dremel. I tried to drill straight through, but being as the tiles are only ¼ inch thick I didn’t have much success.





This is what my husband came up with for me. It allows me to hold the tile flat and position the Dremel in just the right place. Now I am able to get a nice hole through the length and be more creative with my bookmarks!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yay problem solving! Hah, funny how sometimes solutions are right there, you just need someone else's "new" eyes.

Anonymous said...

How clevah! :)