February 23, 2008

Plugboard

I have added a Plugboard to my blog. Do you plug? A plugboard is a place where other websites can add a plug. A plug is a small banner (in my case 88x31 pixels) advertising your blog, website, Etsy shop, etc. When all the spaces are filled up and a new plug is added, one of the older plugs drops off. You can then come back and add your plug back in.

You can find plugboards to add your plug to by doing a Google search. I only add mine to ones that are family friendly and don't require a link on my website back to their site. Since my plug is for my Etsy shop that would be impossible for me to do.

You can make your own plug using a photo editing program or you can search Etsy for sellers that will make a plug for you.

If you would like to add a plugboard to your blog or website you can create one at http://www.plugme.net .

Have fun!

3 comments:

Sugarloaf said...

This is really interesting! I think I'll add it to my blog as well. (and as soon as I make my plug I'll post it here, too) :)

CopperSpringsLeather said...

pluging is fun! I just wish I had more time to do it.

Mary Ann said...

Once in a while at night I go through all my plug bookmarks and just plug away.